And just with that, so much better! Especially with those blooming camellias out the front door!
Not in perfect shape but definitely workable!
We went to work pulling the carpet away from the stairs and the attic bedrooms too, which didn't result in the condition you see on the first floor but better none-the-less.
That carpet and underlayment was heavy with dust and dampness, what a huge relief to get it out of the house! And to our satisfaction, the smell was gone with it. The next step was just getting it off of our front and back porches and luckily Tanner's step dad let us borrow his "dump truck". I was afraid it would be a fortune to dispose of but did find a recycling facility that accepted carpet so I made two trips (over 900 lbs) and it only cost around $45!
What we did to refinish the floors is up next ...